There are some known limitations with Replay when debugging applications that have certain criteria. The functionality of the replay will adjust for these situations to prevent crashes and unexpected behavior.
We recommend enabling Focus Mode to narrow down the number of hits.
Breakpoint panel behavior changes:
- The points will no longer be visualized in the main timeline as the user hovers on the line.
- The points will no longer be displayed in the corresponding breakpoint widget's timeline.
- Adding a print statement to a line will no longer print those statements in the console.
- Editing will be disabled because there are no log messages displayed.
- Clicking on the Jump To Previous and Jump To Next buttons will still function correctly.
- A point will be displayed on the breakpoint widget if the user is currently paused on one of those hits. In that case, we display a single paused point for that widget.
Console behavior changes:
- The console will truncate the displayed native (i.e. non-replay) messages and as a result, will not display console messages accurately.
- The console will still update correctly to show new print statements as the user adds Replay print statements.
- While the user is paused at that point, resume/step navigation commands and the frame timeline will be disabled.